Every success story has its humble beginnings and PPSTMPC’s story started with the seed of faith and determination in one’s heart…
In 1996, The Pateros Public School Teachers’ Multipurpose Cooperative (PPSTMPC for brevity) was conceptualized with the aim of helping teachers improve their lives and be freed from financial scarcity and loss.
With the common desire to help uplift teachers’ lives and to cope with the said financial insufficiencies without resorting to loan sharks or to “Bumbays,” it was agreed upon by the officers of the federation to establish the PPSTMPC.
Forty-seven (47) teachers organized themselves into a cooperative with an initial total Share Capital of Twenty-Five Thousand pesos (P25,000.00) only. Through the leadership of the first chairman of the board, Mrs. Ligaya T. Capco, the cooperative started to render services through cash, livelihood and appliance loans. But as the years passed by, additional services were provided catering to the needs of teachers.
On March 12, 1997, with hard work and determination of the leaders and members, PPSTMPC succeeded and was registered to the Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) under RA 9520 with registration number 9520-16004289. This simply gave the cooperative the chance to move and operate freely and legally.
After 22 years of existence, PPSTMPC as Medium Scale Cooperative was given the Most Outstanding Medium Scale Primary Coop Certificate of Recognition by the CDA Regional Gawad Parangal 2018. This recognition came after three (3) consecutive years of being an awardee in a small scale category as follows: 1st Place CDA-NCR Gawad Parangal 2017, Most Outstanding Cooperative under Small Scale Category 2nd Place Winner in the National CDA-MEO Gawad Parangal 2015 as Most Outstanding Cooperative in the Small Scale Category and 1st for two (2) consecutive years in 2014 and 2015 and being a finalist to the same category in the National level in 2014 is a pride as well. These recognitions gave the cooperative the willpower to further improve its operations and to meet the challenges ahead.
“I alone know the plan I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future…” – Jeremiah 29:11-12
A leading cooperative that is competent, strong, viable and sustainable with the
the highest degree of public trust and confidence that greatly contributes to the improvement of the lives and welfare of its members.
- To provide credit and other services to members in time of their needs;
- To maintain 0% delinquency rate at all times;
- To source enough internal capital to meet all the needs of members;
- To sustain continuous growth of the cooperative in terms of assets and membership;
- To comply with all the government agencies’ requirements such as CDA, BIR, DOLE and local government; and
- To maintain a healthy management staff as well as officers.
- The cooperative is financially stable to provide credit and other services to all members;
- The cooperative has released loans and extends services to members;
- The delinquency rate is maintained below 1%;
- The cooperative has sustained continuous growth of 20% per year I term of assets and membership.
- The cooperative has extended its services to social community service;
- The cooperative has a healthy management staff as well as officers; and
- The cooperative has complied with requirements of all gov’t agencies such as BIR, DOLE, CDA and local government
PATEROS PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS’ MULTIPURPOSE COOPERATIVE
321 Pateros Elementary School Compound, P. Herrera St.
Barangay San Pedro, Pateros, Metro Manila
CDA under RA 9520 with Registration No.: 9520-16004289
e-mail address: email@example.com